Be Careful When Cleaning Your Ducting Heating Units
The HVAC or Heating, Ventilation, and Air-conditioning system of our home makes us feel comfortable and cozy. These systems ensure clean and healthy air quality free from pollutants and contaminants. Ducts form one of the most important structural features of such systems. Duct networks connect all the rooms with the main motor and system and form a connecting link between them. Apart from the duct, other parts of these HVAC systems are –
- Heat Exchanger,
- Evaporator coil,
- Condensing units,
- Refrigerant lines
To maintain a healthy and clean indoor airflow, cleaning these systems regularly becomes essential. Proper cleaning and sanitization of the system are very much essential to keep them allergen and contaminant free. Ducting Cleaning of ducts and vents is not a tough task ,but that of the heating units are risky. Heating units of HVAC units are set up outside your house. This comprises of thermostat, furnace, heat exchanger and evaporator coils.
The parts which are inside the house are known as cold-parts while those outside are the hot-parts. You can conveniently clean duct and the cold-parts of the HVAC systems but while cleaning the hot-parts, following certain precautions become vital.
Such precautions can be like
- Switch the HVAC System off from the main circuit breaker.
- Ensure that the thermostat is off.
- Use gloves which are having the properties to resist heat.
- Avoid direct contact with the heated up parts. Use brushes or scrubs with long handles for scrubbing the heated parts.
- Try to use calipers or hooks to pull out hot covers of the thermostat, furnace or filter grills.
- After completing the scrubbing process use blower or vacuum cleaner to remove the loosened particles. Direct dusting or contact may leave a burning irritation on your skin.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing while cleaning the heat up parts.
- Try to wear clothes which consist of heat-resistant fabrics.
- Keep pets and kids away from you while doing the cleaning.
- No source of disturbance must exist nearby as distraction can lead to an accident.
- Keep some cream or ointment with burn relief property which can come handy if you suffer a burn.
There are many organizations and agencies who can professionally deal with the cleaning of these ducts sections of your HVAC. If you feel the task to be tiresome and fearful then you may hire a professional for it.
Cleaning of furnace, thermostat and other important parts of your HVAC is essential due to the following reasons:
- Doing so gets the dust off the thermostat and changing the batteries boost the performance of the unit,
- Proper cleaning of the heat exchanger ensures proper heating and cooling efficiency of your HVAC system,
- Even after the duct cleaning, residual particles can accumulate in these parts. Cleaning of these parts is necessary for total cleaning of the system.
- Any sort of minimal loss in air quality can be due to the dust which settles in these sections. Hence cleaning these parts makes your HVAC system efficient to provide complete air-clean experience.
Cleaning is necessary and so is safety. Hot-parts can harm you as cold-parts gives you comfort. So be careful when you are cleaning your ducting heating units.
Take the help of a professional
Duct cleaning process can be tiring and wastes a lot of time. Even after cautiously carrying out the whole cleaning procedure, the parts are such designed that it gets difficult to get rid of all the dirt and germs accumulated in your ducts. Hence, taking help from a professional is one of the effective and time saving ways to get your ducts super clean and germfree.
There are many companies specializing in cleaning services, however if you are looking for a reliable source then there’s no one as better as Squeaky Green Clean. With superior cleaning methodologies and quality assurance, it is one of the best companies for your duct cleaning needs. Just ducts, but their area of cleaning expertize is related to a variety of things such as carpets, mattresses, tiles, floor etc.
They use environmental friendly chemicals with natural fragrances that leave your home feeling fresh and germfree. Say hello to a fresher air and get rid of all the germs spread in your home due to dirty air ducts. Give them a call right away on their 0407 727 117. to avail their expert cleaning services now. Give your ducts the sanitizing treatment that can make them work more efficiently.